A couple of months ago I found a dresser on Kijiji for $20 that I thought would be perfect for Bubba’s room. The dresser was painted yellow but I thought I could re-finish it and put it in the nursery. I asked all the right questions about the kind of paint used, history, use of the piece etc. but totally flaked on asking about the measurements. Lesson learned. The previous owner was lovely and actually brought it right to my house. I kind of wondered about that but when she got here I realized that the reason she could deliver it on her own was because the dresser was really small! Gah!!! So now, when I’m browsing away and thinking of buying something, I always, ALWAYS ask for measurements.
Of course I forgot to take a before picture but here’s the little cutie just before the makeover….
It needed some sanding, some wood fill and then some more sanding….Thank goodness we had some warm weather this fall (at least for a few weeks).
It got three light coats of Krylon spray paint primer and a few more of the most gorgeous “Blue Ocean Breeze” spray paint…also by Krylon.
It looks so cute!!
Bubba’s room is the former master bedroom and, while not huge, the dresser looked pretty silly and way too small for the size of the room. It was, however, perfect in my craft room!!!
So perfect that I’ve been inspired to make a move on the long neglected craft room. The pics actually show the before and after of the walls in the craft room that I finished a couple of weeks ago, but that’s for another day. I’m so pleased that my “project fail” was the push I needed to get going on having an actual work area. Yay!