I heart Christmas but let’s just say it…..Christmas morning is kind of nuts. The kids are all hyped up like they’ve eaten 37 candy canes before they’re even out of bed. Parents are groping for their coffee while trying to keep the kids from ripping into the gifts without them. You know, because you were up late wrapping and making everything perfect. And despite the chaos, we don’t want to miss a minute, right? Which is why we like to prep our Christmas morning meal ahead of time around here. Yes, it’s one more thing to do leading up to the big day, but it’s totally worth it.
(If you don’t have kids, congratulate yourself and sleep in late. I’ll just be over here envying your lifestyle.)
To make things a little easier on Christmas day, I’m sharing 10 make ahead casserole and breakfast ideas so you can actually enjoy some time with your family while breakfast is taken care of. After you’ve drooled all over the screen and the tasty recipes, you’ll find a few more tips keep things running a little smoother on Christmas morning.
TIPS FOR A SMOOTH CHRISTMAS MORNING
- Make your bacon ahead of time, wrap in paper towels and reheat in the morning. No greasy mess to clean up when you’re trying to control the kids.
- Set your table or buffet the night before.
- Fill and preset the coffee maker before you go to bed.
- Have trash bags handy for flying gift wrap and packaging materials. (I stick a few under the tree skirt)
- Use disposable plates (I ordered these ones!) and cutlery. It’s okay. It’s either that or keep running the dishwasher all day long. Both are “bad for the environment”…do what’s easy.
Do you have any tips or tricks for making Christmas morning a little less chaotic?